The mission of the FCRW is to protect the Chemung River Watershed while promoting the responsible recreational enjoyment of its waterways and riverbanks.
Our vision is a world where the natural beauty and health of the river’s ecosystem is valued and maintained by students, the community, and the regional policy makers; and where the public enjoys regular outdoor recreation on the river and riverside trails supported by local infrastructure and regional business.
Our Guiding ValuesCommunity & Quality of Life
- Rivers that are used frequently make it easier for businesses to attract and keep employees and help keep people invested in these areas.
- Rivers account for much of the world's drinking water and feed biodiversity and agriculture.
- Rivers attract tourists and businesses to the region and encourage growth, sharing of services, and connections with other river communities.
- Rivers open the door to the exploration of nature and provide a better understanding of and respect for the environment.
- Rivers offer an easy and fun way to see and learn more about wildlife and nature.
- Rivers offer family-oriented recreation that helps improve health and wellness.
- Rivers are wild natural resources and must be enjoyed safely and with respect.
2022 - 2026 Strategic Plan
You can download our strategic plan here.